PROFESSOR ALAN PATERSON
Alan Paterson is a Professor of Law and Director of the Centre for Professional Legal Studies at Strathclyde University Law School, Scotland. He is the Chair of the International Legal Aid Group being the co-organiser for the eight conferences of the Group in The Hague (1995), Edinburgh (1997), Vancouver (1999), Melbourne (2001), Harvard (2003], Killarney (2005), Antwerp (2007) and Wellington (2009).
Professor Paterson is also:
- the Chair of the Legal Aid and Legal Services Group of the International Working Group on Comparative Legal Professions;
- the Chair of the Legal Services Group of Citizens Advice Scotland;
- currently serving as research adviser to the Scottish Legal Aid Board;
- responsible for the training and quality assurance of the peer review programme for civil and criminal legal aid lawyers in Scotland;
- a member of the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission.
Educated at Edinburgh and Oxford Universities and qualified as a solicitor in Scotland, he has published widely in the field of legal aid and legal services, including:
- Resourcing Civil Justice (OUP, 1996) (with T. Goriely);
- The Transformation of Legal Aid (OUP, 1999) (with F.Regan, T.Goriely & D.Fleming); and
- Paths to Justice Scotland (Hart Publishing, 2001) (with H.Genn).
Contact details: Professor Alan Paterson, The Centre for Professional Legal Studies, University of Strathclyde, Lord Hope Building, 141 St James Road, Glasgow, Scotland G4 0LT, Tel No: 0141 548-3341, Fax No: 552 4264, E-mail address: email@example.com